Launching Giddy Multichain with Ethereum! 🚀
Hello Giddy Friends!
We’re incredibly excited to share some major news with you today. From the very beginning, our mission at Giddy has been to make DeFi (decentralized finance) accessible to everyone, everywhere. We’ve been working tirelessly to make this a reality and today, I’m thrilled to announce that the Giddy wallet, with our ultra-secure private key technology, is going multi-chain starting with Ethereum Mainnet!
That’s right, Ethereum support is now available in the latest version of the Giddy mobile app. We’ll be following up shortly with other EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) compatible chains such as Arbitrum, Base, Binance Smart Chain, and many more. And, this announcement officially kicks off the start of our development of native Bitcoin support in the wallet, so stay tuned for more information on that front.
Now, What Does This Mean for You? 🌍
By adding Ethereum Mainnet support, we are opening up a world of new opportunities for you. You’ll now be able to:
- Fiat-to-Crypto Purchases: Buy your favorite tokens on Ethereum via bank transfer, credit card, debit card, Apple Pay® or Google Pay®
- Trade: Seamlessly trade between your favorite tokens on Ethereum
- Send and Receive: Easily send and receive Ethereum-based coins with a single swipe
- Cash Out: Cash out your crypto back to your bank, or, convert your Ethereum-based USDC, USDT, and Ether into gift cards at thousands of the world’s best brands across over 150 countries.
And guess what? All of these features will be accessible right from your Giddy wallet, right now.
Ultra-Secure Private Key Technology 🛡️
Now, let’s talk about our private key tech. We know that managing private keys can be a daunting task for many. Traditional wallets require you to manage a seed phrase, which if lost, can result in losing access to all your funds. Some estimates show as much as 20% of all bitcoin has been lost forever because of this. This is a big responsibility and a major pain point for so, so many.
At Giddy, we’ve developed a unique private key management solution that does not require a seed phrase. Instead, we split the private key into multiple parts that are owned by you, the user. These include:
- User-Generated Password: A password that you create and only you know
- Hardware Device: In this case, your phone. This is like converting your phone into something like a Ledger or Trezor, except only part of your key is held there
- Social Login: Your Gmail or AppleID account
- Giddy Backup: Encrypted and protected by Giddy
Any one factor is useless on its own, reducing risk of compromise. And if one is lost or compromised, you can still recover your funds using two other parts. For example, if you lose your phone, you can still access your funds using your user-created password and social login. This way, you have full control over your funds without the stress of losing access to them.
And, if you still prefer the traditional way, you can export your private key if you so choose. (But be careful out there!)
In Summary ✨
We’re beyond excited to bring Ethereum Mainnet support to the Giddy wallet. This is a significant milestone for us and for you, our valued users. And, we’re just getting started with more chains and networks right around the corner.
Thank you for being a part of the Giddy family. We are committed to making DeFi accessible and user-friendly for everyone, and this is just the beginning. Stay tuned for more updates and exciting features in the coming months.
It’s time to Giddy up!
The Giddy Team 🤎
P.S. If you have any questions or need support, our friendly and knowledgeable support team is always here to help. Just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org